Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of 10 12/17
A message or life lesson the author wants you to take away from a text
Central Idea aka Theme
Reflects the author's opinion or perspective on the thematic idea
"Love conquers all"
"Friendship should come first"
"Cheaters never prosper"
Copy down the Lesson EQ
Listen to the short story and write down what you believe is the lesson of the story.
The moral of the story is _____
Thursday, December 17th
What is the central idea or theme?
How does the author use characterization to convey the central idea?
stop and jot
Make a list of topics
What are some topics that come to mind when reading "Bodega Dreams"?
Choose one of the topics and make a sentence about what the author thinks
Make it general
stop and jot
What are the topics?
Creating a Central Idea
Work with your partner to create three central ideas
Write them on the post-its