Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Rethink What You Drink
Transcript of Rethink What You Drink
good OR bad?
how much sugar do your drinks REALLY contain?
39g 68g 180g
* a can of coke contains about 10tsp of sugar!
walking, running, roller blading, skating, soccer, swimming, dancing
Muscular strength training
lifting/ moving objects, resistance training with free weights, sit ups, push ups
3 types of physical activity
the average Canadian youth watches approximately 23 hours of TV per week and spends 5 hours surfing the internet or playing video games.
Did you know…
you should be getting 60 minutes of physical activity a day!
ALWAYS READ THE LABEL!
* high fructose corn syrup
Look for words like...
100% fruit juice!
no sugar added
how to read labels
How many percent Canadian
children drink pop daily?
1. What beverages do you drink at home?
2. What beverages do you drink when
3. What do advertisers do to get you
to choose their beverages?
Energy Drinks & Sport Drinks
designed to rehydrate
the body after non- stop
intense exercise for
one hour or more
replace lost energy
provide a quick
spurt of energy
temporarily increases your heart rate, breathing and blood pressure
not designed to hydrate the body, so you may become dehydrated.
5 hour energy
Does anyone know the slogan for
Drink water and low fat milk more often. Choose 100% fruit & vegetable juice as appropriate, but limit it to 250mL a day! This is equal to 2 servings of fruits and vegetables from Canada's Food Guide.
the sugar and phosphoric acid content of many beverage makes them not good to dental health, causing cavities!
Sugar- sweetened beverages and diet drinks displace calcium-rich beverages, like milk, which is critical for the bone- building years.
and have fun
for 60 to 90
* stay hydrated while being active!
What is good for you?
Why is it good for you?
What you drink makes a bigger difference to your health than you think.
What can you
do to make
what to drink?
gives you Wings !
what is it targeted towards?
* Canadians today drink
as much pop as they did in the 1970's.
* drinking sugary drinks
the body which in result makes you thirstier.
dye was not added into coca- cola products, the drink would be green.
* the soft drink industry makes approx.
billion a year.
* if you pour a can of coke in the toilet it will get stained due to the
*remember what you do in this activity it will help you while playing the game!*