Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
De Broglie Wavelength
Transcript of De Broglie Wavelength
We have seen how light can act as both a wave (interference) and as a particle (photoelectric effect).
And that the energy and momentum are tied to the wavelength in a quantum fashion.
The thought may lead to the idea of other
objects (with momentum and energy) having wave like properties.
The answer is, yes! via the relationship De Broglie reasoned, shown here.
This is the same relationship of light, between wavelength and momentum, beautiful symmetry.
What about an electron if it is moving at 1% c?
What is the wavelength of a baseball having a mass of .2 kg moving at 25 m/s ?