Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Traditional Turkish Art: Paper Marbling
Transcript of Traditional Turkish Art: Paper Marbling
Basin to put the special water
Brushes made of horsehair and rose branch
Natural dyes, mineral pigments
Gall obtained from large cattle
Viscosity improvers (base) and water
Tools to create the pattern
discover the beauty of
Vesile Yilmaz, EBRU - Turkish Marbling artist.
1- Riverside Primary School/ Marbling on Tiles
2- Perth Bookbinders Guild/ Marbling on Paper
3- Perth City Farm/ Marbling on Paper
Falcon Spinners Group/ Paper Marbling and Silk Marbling
Please Contact for Workshops
tel: 04 7770 8412
Facebook: Mandurah Marbling
* Colors made from pigments are mixed with a surfactant such as ox gall.
* The colors are then spattered or dropped onto the size, one color after another, until there is a dense pattern of several colors.
*Straw from the broom corn was used to make a kind of whisk for sprinkling the paint, or horsehair to create a kind of drop-brush.
* Once the colors are laid down, various tools and implements such as rakes, combs and styluses are often used in a series of movements to create more intricate designs.
*Paper or cloth gently laid onto the floating colors. The colors are thereby transferred and adhered to the surface of the paper or material.
Where to use?
Marbled table labels (ruffledblog.com)
Marbled scarves (celebrate-creativity.com)
Spiritual side of marbling
Every piece is unique, can't be reproduced or imitated, just like human being!
Improves abstract thinking and creativity, you see beyond the shape
Teaches to be hardworking, patient and humble
Working with water relaxes and takes your negative energy off, gives you peace of mind
Creates different feelings for each person
Teaches to think before you act
Helps to accept things that are out of your control
Types of Ebru