Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Water Energy
The water turbine is a engine that produces its energy from water. They were made in the 19 century and they were used for industrial power prior to electrical grids. Now it is used for electric generators.
Dams are barriers or streams underground. Water energy joins with the dams to produce electricity. Dams collect water and store it. It contains the rivers flow.
HOW DOES WATER ENERGY WORK
When a dam is built, electricity can be made at a constant rate
Water energy do not make green house gases
Dams are built to last many years so they can give generation of electricity for many years
Building a dam is very expensive
The dam has to be built at a high standard
Dams destroy animals life under sea
Dams prevent the creatures in the sea to come up
A large dam can cause a flood in an area near by
Water energy is a renewable source. It can be replaced and replenished naturally. It is found in lakes and rivers. Canada produces the most water energy. United States is the second country that produces the most water energy.Water energy is made from the waters flow. Water energy is also called hydroelectricity.
1. Almost all the water on earth is the water that has been here since the earth was formed
2. Hydro energy provides about 20% of the earth's electricity
3. Water energy is the main energy product for over 30 countries
To make energy, the water flows toward the turbine (with the help of dams) making them spin. Then the turbine make electrical generators spin and electricity is made.
There are many types of generators to produce water energy.
The two main generators are turbines and dams
How can you save energy
1. Turn off the taps when you are not using them.
2. Close any electronics when not in use.
3. Take a shower not a bath. A five minute shower will use 7.5 gallons of water energy. A bath takes 20 gallons of water.
4. Walking is better than taking a car because it doesn't waste gas
5. Turn off the lights when you are not using them
Sites I got the information from