Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
USE OF PREPOSITIONS
Transcript of USE OF PREPOSITIONS
your attention. USE OF PREPOSITIONS What is a preposition? TYPES OF
PREPOSITIONS + Prepositions of time
+ Prepositions of place
+ Prepositions of direction PREPOSITIONS OF TIME at, in, on + Prepositions "at": It uses the preposition "at" to mean hours and moments of the day and some expressions of time: Example: * at 10 o'clock
* at midnight
* at present * at Christmas
* at the moment
* at the weekend PREPOSITIONS OF TIME + Preposition "on": The preposition "on" is used with days of the week and dates: * On Monday
* On my birthday
* On the 10th of April Example: + Preposition "in": The preposition "in" is used with months and seasons. Example: * In summer
* In winter
* In autumn * In spring
* In January
* In the previous month OTHER PREPOSITIONS OF TIME PREPOSITIONS OF PLACE Examples: *behind * above * under * between * near PREPOSITIONS OF PLACE Examples: * before
* during * since
* till OTHER PREPOSITIONS OF TIME + Preposition "before": The preposition "before" is used to indicate that the action has been developed before the right time Example: * Before I came here, I lived in Seville.
* Finish your report before Sunday + Preposition "after": The preposition "after" indicates that the action takes place after the appointed time. Example: * After I went to Madrid, I started my studies.
* You can see him after 6 o'clock OTHER PREPOSITIONS
OF TIME + Preposition "for": The preposition "for" is used to indicate the duration of action. Example: * I lived in Madrid for 10 years.
* She studied in the university for 5 years + Preposition "during":
the preposition "During" indicates the time period during which the action unfolds. OTHER PREPOSITIONS OF TIME + Preposition "since": The preposition "from" indicates the beginning of an action that at the time of prayer is not over. Example: * I´ve studied English since my childhood.
*We´ve worked in this company since 1992. + Preposition "from": The preposition "from" indicates the beginning and end of an action. Example: * I work from Monday to Friday.
* I lived in Paris from 1980 to 1984. PREPOSITIONS OF PLACE * behind
* in front of
* next to
* among * around
* on the left
* on the right
* out of * in front of * next to *over * beside * out of * on the left PREPOSITION OF PLACE Examples: * on the right * down * below * among * around PREPOSITIONS OF
DIRECTION + across from
+ to the left
+ straight + straight ahead
+ to the right A preposition links nouns, pronouns and phrases to other words in a sentence.