Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Woodrow Wilson and WWI
Transcript of Woodrow Wilson and WWI
How Wilson Won
First Democratic president since Grover Cleveland (1897)
Won with less than 50% of the popular vote
This happened because the Republican party split (Taft & Roosevelt).
Keating-Owen Child Labor Act
- prohibited child labor under the age of 14.
Clayton Anti-Trust Act
: regulated price discrimination, price fixing and unfair business practices.
Federal Trade Commission (FTC):
laws protecting consumers.
The Other Side...
His views on race were controversial: during his term, interracial marriages were considered a felony
Hiring for government jobs required photographs with the applications
Wilson become POTUS in 1912