Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Hoag's Object
It is described as a nearly perfect ring of hot, blue stars that pinwheel about the the yellow nucleus; the entire body is made up of about 8 billion stars.
There are 3 major theories for the formation of Hoag's Object:
The ring formed as a collisional ring
The ring formed through a bar instability which has since dissolved
Gas accretion (more recent) Discovered by Arthur Allen Hoag
It's a non-typical ring galaxy with an unknown formation process
Size: 75,000 light years The Basics OBJECTIONS:
no objects for a collision; the ring looks nearly constant in comparison to the central spheroid
lack of evidence for any residual bar in the central spheroid