Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Against the odds
Transcript of Against the odds
What do you see in this picture?
I’m going to school here.
I can’t get over this. What are the chances? I hope we’ll see each other around campus. Though,
I don’t know if we’ll run into each other that often. I’ll be spending most of my time on the north
campus. That’s where most of my classes will be.
Ahmed! Abdullah’s brother. From Jeddah. From back home.
I knew you looked familiar, but I couldn’t place your face.
What are you doing here?
No way! That’s incredible. Abdullah never mentioned that
you were going to college in Beirut.
I didn’t know either until a couple of months ago. I applied,
but I was put on the waiting list. It was looking iffy there for a while, but I got a break in July.
A space opened up. I was so happy that I was on cloud nine for weeks.
Why? What are you studying?
No way! I’m studying pre-law, too!
OK. Now you’re freaking me out.
This is amazing. What dorm are you in? Wait. Don’t tell me. I bet you’re in Fares Hall.
No. Habib Hall.
Whew. I’m almost glad. I don’t think I could have handled another coincidence.
About the Conversation
1. How do Ahmed and Fahd know each other?
2. What unexpected coincidences are revealed
during their conversation?
3. How does Fahd feel about the coincidences?
on cloud nine =
freak (someone) out =
to shock someone
Sara: What did you do yesterday?
Amal: Not much, I read a BOOK.
Amal: How about you?
Sara: I watched TV for a couple of hours and went to bed early. I’ve been really tired lately.
Amal: _______ What from?
Sara: Nothing in particular, I think I’m just bored.