Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The Chesapeake Bay Bridge
Transcript of The Chesapeake Bay Bridge
By: Isabelle Lamour
The Chesapeake Bay Bridge design is a twin cantilever bridge. The toll is $6.00
The Chesapeake Bay Bride is commonly known as the Bay Bridge. The bridge crosses Chesapeake Bay. The original span opened in 1952, and back then, it had a length of 4.3 miles. It was the world's longest continuous over-water steel structure.
The bridge's width is 28 ft eastbound and 38 ft westbound. The materials were steel and concrete. The total length is 22,790 ft. It opened July 30, 1952 eastbound and June 28,1973 westbound.
This bridge is named after Winston Preston Lane Jr.