Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of LSD Powerpoint
* Trips Common Street Names: * LSD is most often consumed by placing the small piece of blotter paper (tab or hit) on the tongue
*The effects kick in anywhere from 20-60 minutes and can last up to 6-8 hours
*One hit consists of about 50-150 ug (micrograms) Method of Use: Side Effects: "Positive": Side Effects (Cont'd): "Negative": * LSD is the best known and most researched psychedelic
* standard against which all other psychedelics are compared
* first synthesized in 1938 and discovered to be psychoactive in 1943
* became popular in the '60's and was made illegal to possess in 1968 By: Taylor Santelle LSD Appearance: * found soaked in paper or strips that often have colorful cartoons or designs on them
*other available forms include small pills (a.k.a microdots), sugar cubes, liquid or powder How it's Made: * derived from ergot fungus, found on rye
* this chemical is first made into a solution, next the blotter sheets or tabs are soaked in the LSD solution, and finally dried before being sold Cost: * sold by the single hit or in bulk
* generally costs about $3-10 per hit
* the more you buy, the cheaper the individual hit costs
* most often depends on the seller's demands * mental and physical stimulation
* increase in associative & creative thinking
* mood lift
* increased awareness & appreciation of music
* sensory enhancement (taste, smell, etc)
* closed- and open-eye visuals, including trails, color shifts, brightening, etc.
* life-changing spiritual experiences
* therapeutic psychological reflection
* feeling of oceanic connectedness to the universe; blurring of boundaries between self and others * anxiety
* tension, jaw tension
* increased perspiration
* difficulty regulating body temperature
* dizziness, confusion
* over-awareness & over-sensitization to music and noise
* paranoia, fear, and panic Long-Term Effects: * tolerance
* panic attacks
* suicidal thoughts and feelings Birth Defects: * It has never been proven that consuming LSD while pregnant causes any birth defects
* Despite this claim, expecting mothers should probably avoid taking any drugs while pregnant in an attempt to keep the baby safe Law: * LSD is considered an illegal substance
* Schedule I drug in the US
* Illegal to manufacture, buy, possess, or distribute without a DEA license
* Classification: Hallucinogen, Psychedelic References: "Erowid LSD (Acid) Vault." Erowid.org. The Vaults of Erowid, n.d. Web. 03 May 2013.
"Does LSD Cause Birth Defects?" The Straight Dope. N.p., n.d. Web. 03 May 2013. How it's Made (Cont'd):