Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Peace, Locomotion
By: Jacqueline Woodson
Written By: Maura Gibson
Lonnie Collins Motion is writing letters to his little sister, Lilli, who is in a foster home. Lonnie is writing about his life and how he wants his foster brother, Jenkins to come home from the war. He also writes about how there should be peace in the world.
Lonnie, Lilli, Ms. Edna, Rodney, Jenkins, Lilli's foster mother (name is not mentioned in the book)
Lonnie and Lilli's parents died in a fire when they were young, and they were put into two different foster homes because Ms. Edna (Lonnie's foster mother) does not want a girl.
Time: Modern Times
Place: Brooklyn, New York
Lonnie Collins Motion dreams of peace, love, and happiness for his little sister Lilli. He also wants peace in the whole world.
Lonnie's foster brother Jenkins comes home,but only has one leg. Lonnie and Lilli do not see each other until they are 21 and 18 years old.