Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Copy of Government healthy eating tips
Transcript of Copy of Government healthy eating tips
Good source of vitamins and minerals, vitamin C and potassium.
Excellent source of dietary fiber, which helps maintain a healthy gut and prevent constipation and other digestion problems.
Help reduce the risk of heart disease, stroke and some cancers.
Fruit and vegetables contribute to a healthy and balanced diet so you could have your choice from a wide variety. Reasons to get 5 a day How to have 5 a day Busy Lifestyle - Fresh and frozen available, Even Dried
- Tinned fruit and veg
- Add veg to your meals (Soups, Pasta, Meat etc.)
- Make a smoothie or juice - Tinned food
- Ready made Meals
- Grow your own fresh veg
- Its cheaper
- Get kids involved
- Cook yourself - Most common form of carbohydrate in our diet
- Take up at least a third of our healthy and balanced diet. Starch foods Why we need starch food Unhealthy food Healthy food - Gives energy
- Have it as part of a healthy and balanced diet
- Not too much
- If the starch does not burn off the body will store it as fat. Unhealthy life style leads to Wholegrain products are rich with fiber
Food for each season
Warm porridge filled with oats for winter
Delicious fruity yogurt with oats for summer
Different types of bread (Seeded/Wholemeal)
For a meal you could try and have more rice and pasta.
Have brown rice with very tasty salad. Some more common causes of unhealthy life style Side effects from medicines
Environment is polluted
Poisonous agents from household items
Lack of exercise Any Questions By Jagdeep Kaur Nirwal Not Just fruit and veg ` More expenses to treat the illness
Increases risk of heart diseases
Shorter life span
Loosing time at work What is healthy life style? Eat healthy
Eat less junk food and processed food
Cut down on sugar, salt and fat
Be more active
Stop smoking and drinking
Drink plenty of water
Never miss breakfast Lack of exercise can cause Cancer
High blood pressure
Immune system Ways to exercise Variety of exercises
Walking is easier exercise
Dancing is most enjoyable
Meditation is the most peaceful
Make it a priority
Morning is the best time
Gives you energy for the whole day
Get a good night sleep