Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Patient Record Database Management
Transcript of Patient Record Database Management
System for Pink Tooth Dental Clinic
Overview of the Current State
of the Technology
Computer nowadays is a basic need for businesses or companies. It helps a lot in such a way that it makes work more progressive and productive. It is an important thing that a company or small business should have because it helps a lot in many ways such as organizing, storing and manipulating data.
Pink Tooth Dental Clinic in Pila, Laguna at present is in its year of operation. Currently, the clinic has an existing manual system to know and handle all the records of the patients.
In their daily activities, they use a log book, papers for recording all the transactions and folders for sorting and keeping the records of the patients. In this study, the researchers will develop a Patient Record Database Management System for Pink Tooth Dental Clinic that will minimize all the paper works, shorten the time in organizing the dental records and lessen the time of retrieving of records of a patient, thereby giving the owner ease in keeping track of patient’s record, reducing patient’s waiting time and increasing the number of patients served. It is a system that is fully automated, user-friendly, less time consuming, effective, and efficient.
Specifically, the study aims to answer the following questions:
• How can Pink Tooth Dental Clinic reduce data redundancy?
• How can Pink Tooth Dental Clinic systematically organize and keep the dental records of the client within a short period of time?
• How can the authorized user of the clinic’s computer easily access, keep, search and retrieve the patient’s dental records?
Scope and Limitations
Significance of the Study
This study would be beneficial to the following:
General Problem: The Pink Tooth Dental Clinic processes patient’s records manually. They are having a difficulty in organizing and keeping the dental records of the patients. It takes time in searching and sorting out manually the patient’s records and they are having a tough retrieval of the dental records of the patients.
The main objective of the study is to create a system that can easily retrieve, search, and update and store the dental records of the patients.
Specifically, it aims to:
• To create a system that can reduce the data redundancy.
• To create a system that can systematically organize within a short period of time the dental records of the client.
• To create a system that lets the user easily access, keep, search and retrieve the patient’s dental records.
The system offers convenience in gathering and recording data concerning the patients of Pink Tooth Dental Clinic. The system provided solutions to the problems being encountered by the client.
The system has the capabilities to store the patient’s personal information, dental examination and services that they have been taken. The system has also the capabilities of adding and updating the personal information and reports of patients or its clients. It also provides search function for the easy retrieval of dental reports.
The system only focuses on storing the dental records of the patients of the Pink Tooth Dental Clinic.
The clinic’s dentist and secretary
. This system would make their clinic more sophisticated in terms of storing and managing information. This would eliminate its manual system and would improve its information management.
. The system would help the researchers in fulfilling the requirements given by the school. They have applied the knowledge that they have gained from their courses and it would help them to prepare for their future career.
The future researchers. They will benefit to this study because it will serve as a guide and reference for them when they conduct similar research in the near future.