Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Physical and Chemical Properties of Matter
Transcript of Physical and Chemical Properties of Matter
What is physical change?
It is a characteristic of a pure substance that describes its ability to change into different substances.
Properties of matter
Examples of Physical and Chemical Properties
Physical properties can be used to classify matter. For example, two properties of metals are luster and the ability to conduct heat and electricity.
Texture and color:
Bumpy texture and bright colors are the physical properties of a chameleon
Metal becomes a shiny, flexible toy when it is shaped into a flat wire and coiled.
Thank you for watching!!!!!
Wood fuels a fire, leading to the production of heat, gases, and ash
Iron is able to form rust, that will turn a once shiny car into a crumbling relic.
Unlike physical properties, it can not be observed just by looking or touching it. In order to observe it, you have to change it to another substance.
What is chemical change?
BY: Payton Hong, Andy Wan, and Kevin Wong