Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Copy of Welcome to Year 8
Transcript of Copy of Welcome to Year 8
8G- Mrs Bianca LeMura
8R- Mrs Rebecca Footner & Mrs Kelly Peucker
8Y- Mr John Lawson - Group of 40 Y11 Students
- Involvement in weekly morning Home Groups
- Meeting as a group in PC sessions
- Taking Y8 students to the Rosewater Oval at lunch time
- Involvement in Y8 Retreat
- Being a friend and good role model all year long Peer Support - Develop friendships with students and to strenegth relationships with teachers outside MCC
- Camp is challenging, exciting, worthwhile
- Toc H, Victor Harbour
- Monday March 18 to Wednesday March 20
- Beach Activities, Greenhills Adventure Park, Quiz & Movie Night and Liturgy
- Attendence is compulsory Camp - One full day involving the entire Year Level
- Peer Support Leaders run small group activites
- Is Coordinator by the APRIM and Home Group and Religion Teachers
- Students can wear casual clothes on this day Y8 Retreat VIDEO! Father,
We thank you for the opportunity
to begin this new school year,
and we ask that you bless
the students, teachers and student families
that make our school a great place.
We pray that you will guide us in all ways,
so that we will seek your will in everything that we do.
We ask this in the name of Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen - Opportunity to attend after schoo study lessons
- Time to complete homework tasks and undertake
private study under the supervision of teaching
- Held Monday and Wednesday afternoons in the
Resource Centre from 3pm to 4pm
- A permission letter needs to be completed by
parents Middle Year Study Group Prayer Where to? - Parents to go to Home Groups
- Students/siblings to go to the Amphi theatre, supervised by teaching staff PRINCIPAL’S ADDRESS All:
In the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, Amen. INTRODUCTION AND PRAYER Parents are invited to join Key Teachers in Home Groups
- 8 Blue to E01
- 8 Green to E02
- 8 Red to E03
- 8 Yellow to E04
Students and siblings to Southern Grass Area to be supervised by Staff
BBQ Dinner OUTLINE OF EVENING Develop friendships with students and to strengthen relationships with teachers outside MCC
Camp is challenging, exciting, worthwhile
Toc H, Victor Harbour
Monday March 18 to Wednesday March 20
Beach Activities, Greenhills Adventure Park, Quiz & Movie Night and Liturgy
Attendance is compulsory YEAR 8 CAMP GENERAL EXPECTATIONS All:
In the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, Amen. Dear Lord,
As we begin this new school year, we gather
once again as your community of believers.
We thank you for the energy and the spirit that you renewed
in us through the summer months.
We thank you for the time to enjoy our family and
friends and to reflect on what is important in our lives.
Let this year be marked by enthusiasm and love so that,
with the inspiration of your Spirit, we may continue
to grow in our faith.
Help us to fulfil Your hope for us with honest intentions
and works of faith.
Let us be gentle with ourselves and bring laughter, joy
and love to others.
We ask this in your name.
Amen Our community promotes a spirit of personal excellence in everything we do. We seek and celebrate it in our learning achievements, our development of leadership, our relationships, and our creative endeavours. EXCELLENCE The Gospel values of Caritas et Dignitas (Love and Dignity) reflects our heritage as a Catholic school in the Josephite tradition. They are the foundation of Mount Carmel College. These are celebrated through our Core Values: PRAYER – Mount Carmel College’s
CORE VALUES 2013 Year 8
Parent Information Evening/Family BBQ Group of 40 Year 11 students
Involvement in Weekly Home Group Admin
Meeting as a group in PC lessons
Taking Y8 students to the oval at lunchtime
Involvement in Y8 retreat
Being a friend and a good role model all year long PEER SUPPORT LEADERS Opportunity to attend after school study lessons
Time to complete homework tasks and undertake
private study under the supervision of teaching Staff
Held Monday and Wednesday afternoons in the
Resource Centre from 3pm to 4pm
A permission letter needs to be completed by
parents MIDDLE YEARS STUDY GROUP Our community lives relationships through respectful interactions. We celebrate each person’s uniqueness, created in the image and likeness of God. RELATIONSHIP Our community recognises the diversity of each individual and cultural tradition. We celebrate the identity of each individual and endeavour to meet the needs of our community members by providing breadth of opportunity. DIVERSITY Our community welcomes, nurtures and accepts each person for who they are. We celebrate and appreciate the contribution of each community member. BELONGING We acknowledge that we are meeting on the traditional country of the Kaurna people of the Adelaide Plains.
We recognise and respect their cultural heritage, beliefs and relationship with the land. We acknowledge that they are of continuing importance to the Kaurna people living today.