Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
What is a Wave
Transcript of What is a Wave
A wave is...
a disturbance that travels through a medium. It is also a mode of transportation for energy. In other words energy travels in waves.
When you talk about waves there are a few key terms you must know:
A closer look at wavelengths
Waves can be longitudinal: the disturbance is in the same direction as the motion of the wave.
Waves can be transverse: a wave that is set in motion by a deflection at right angles to the direction in which the wave is moving.
Waves don't like matter
It is important to note that waves do not transport matter only energy.
Wavelength refers to the distance between each peak of a series of waves.
This is how often a wave goes by a given point. This is also know as a cycle of waves per second
This is how far the highest part of the wave is above the middle position.
Take a look at this!