Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Copy of The Intimate Alliance Between Religion and Good Education
Transcript of Copy of The Intimate Alliance Between Religion and Good Education
Religion and Good Education
By: Dr. Jose P. Rizal
In 1876, Rizal wrote poems on
various topics - religion,
education, childhood memories
Rizal wrote this poem during the
summer of April 1876, before entering his
fifth year in Ateneo Municipal in June.
"Education without God is not true education."
As the climbing ivy over lofty elm
Creeps tortuously, together the adornment
Of the verdant plain, embellishing
Each other and together growing,
But should the kindly elm refuse its aid
The ivy would impotent and friendless wither;
So is Education to Religion
By spiritual alliance firmly bound.
Through Religion, Education gains renown, and
Woe to the impious mind that blindly spurning
The sapient teachings of Religion, this
Unpolluted fountainhead forsakes.
The Intimate Alliance Between Religion and Good Education