Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Tips for Multiple Choice Questions
Transcript of Tips for Multiple Choice Questions
It is smart to follow several steps...
Some common trends...
Now let's practice!
1. Read the questions before looking at the answers.
2. Come up with the answer in your head before looking at the possible answers.
3. Eliminate answers that you know are not right.
4. Read ALL the choices before choosing your answer!
5. If you do not know, narrow it down and take a guess. DO NOT LEAVE IT BLANK!!!
6. Rarely change your answer!
In "All of the above" or "None of the above" choices, if you are certain one of the statements is true, don't choose "None of the above" or if you know one of the statements is false, don't choose "All of the above."
In a questions with an "All of the above" choice, if you see that 2 of the statements are correct, then "All of the above" is probably the answer.
A positive choice is more likely correct than a negative one!
Usually, the correct answer is the one with the most information.
a. Tom Hiddleston
b. Halle Berry
c. Scarlett Johansson
d. Liam Hemsworth
Which words best help the reader understand the meaning of the word "russet" in line 8?
A. "blue-black water"
B. "boats, grasses"
C. "gold, sunburnt"
D. "empty blue sky"
Read the following lines from the poem.
"I say, "It's Sunday, and here we are in the chuch of the out-doors."
By using this analogy, the poet emphasizes -
A. the speaker's authority as a parent
B. the importance of spending time with family
C. the speaker's emotional vulnerability
D. the sacredness of nature
"A clap of thunder beyond those hills. How well sound travels over water..."
The poet uses these lines to emphasize the importance of -
Which line best explains why the speaker begins to speak at the end of the poem but then stops?
A. A clap of thunder beyond those hills.
B. it hits me that my daughter is a young woman
C. the russet and gold of late summer's sunburnt grasses.
D. That's the trick in life - learning to leave well enough alone.
What does the poet mean by the lines "suddenly everything is a metaphor for how/short a time we are granted on earth"?
A. Nature often serves as a reminder that time does not stand still.
B. Time passes differently for different people.
C. The future represents uncertainty
D. Ordinary occurences in nature cannot always be described.
What is most likely the reason the poet ends the first stanza after line 13?
A. To emphasize the poem's central meaning?
B. To indicate a change in the poem's setting.
C. To introduce new details about the poem's speaker.
D. To highlight a shift in point of view.
Who is the actress who plays "Black Widow" in "Avengers?"