Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of 382-Introduction to
Non-Violent Civil Resistance
"Civil resistance is much like military strategy except the point is not to hurt the opponent but to defeat his ideas" - Rev. James Lawson
More on Civil Resistance
3 Approaches to Social Change
Conventional politics = within system
- Types of Government
= violence or threat thereof
Non-Violent approaches / Civil Resistance
= not institutional AND not violent
Evolution too slow
Violence expected to invite repression/polarize movement