Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Untitled Prezi
- One of the first angiosperms
- 26-12 million years old
- Oaks divided
- Red Oaks = pointed
- White Oaks = rounded Evolutionary Adaptation Who: Goldenrod Gall Fly
What: Adaptation to environment
Where: In the cells
When: Winter and cold temperatures
Why: Maintain Homeostasis
Sam Schindeldecker Orchard Grass Dactylis glomerata Goldenrod Gall Fly Eurosta solidaginis Ants and Ant Larvae Mt. Albert Goldenrod Solidago simplex kunth Northern Pin Oak Quercus ellipsoidalis Blue Ash Tree Fraxinus quadrangulata Genetics
Can the genetics of one organism in the ecosystem affect the genetics of another?
Goldenrod and Goldenrod Gall Fly
Host-associated differentiation (HAD)
Community Ecology Goldenrod and Goldenrod Gall Fly - Parasite Positive Negative - Plant tissue swells
-Galls can attract parasitoid -flies have warm, nutritious home
-flies are protected from most but not all predators
-Doesn't kill either species Ecosystem Ecology Type: Grassland How do nutrients cycle in the prairie?
-Controlled burns Human Impacts - Lawn Mowing Paths
- Prescribed Burns
- Removing Patches of the prairie
- Destruction of Habitat
- Invasive Species Factors that Affect the Ecosystems Population Abiotic
- Fire Biotic
- Invasive Species
Decomposers Lasius neoniger