Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Types Of Network
Transcript of Types Of Network
A LAN is a local area network which is a group of computers and network devices which connect together and cover a small area such as a building, a school or college.
A WAN is much bigger than a LAN and can cover a wider area. Most WANs are made from several LANs connected together. An example of a WAN is Google.
A network is 2 or more computers which are connected together. There are 3 network topologies which are;
Ring- network and also a peer to peer network as there is no server. All computers are arranged in a circle. Data sent by one computer passes around the ring until reaching the correct computer.
Bus- signals are passed either direction along the backbone.
Everything connected to the network are conencted to a shared cable.
Star- uses a central connection point for all devices on the network and the central point can be a server or devices called Hubs, Routers or Switches.