Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Greek and Latin Word Roots
Transcript of Greek and Latin Word Roots
If you didn't know the meaning of the word
you could figure it out because
means people and
means to govern or rule.
Greek and Latin Roots/Affixes
Over time languages evolve and combine. English is actually a combination of many different languages that came together and changed over time.
Roots and Affixes
Roots and Affixes are small word parts that carry meaning. Many English words have these small word parts that have come from Greek and Latin words.
Why should you learn them?
Knowing the meaning of Greek and Latin roots and affixes can help you figure out the meaning of unfamiliar words.
Now you try:
Figure out the definition of the word
: toward, to
Adhere: to stick to