Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE
Transcript of DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE
Delegates from the 13 colonies.
Notable attendants: Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin, George Washington, John Hancock, John Adams.
Writer: Thomas Jefferson
List of grievances (wrong doings) by King George III against the colonies. List of rights.
"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."
- Started meeting in 1775.
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Declaration of Independence signed: July 4, 1776
- "Unalienable Rights": rights that cannot be taken away. (Life, liberty, & pursuit of happiness)
- When one group of people is going to break away from a country to form its own nation, then they should explain why they are doing it.
- We now consider ourselves to be an independent country.