Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Starbucks
Who are the customers of Starbucks?
How long is the average wait time at Starbucks during “peak hours”?
How do the customers feel about the long lines at Starbucks?
Why do they bother to join a long line for their beverage?
Why don’t customers go to an alternative instead?
Research & Development Methods Final Presentation
The mystery behind the long lines at
- Personal observations/notes
- Photo of exterior + interior
- Online/in person
Can this strategy be implemented elsewhere?
* Two observations for each time frame and for each location.
Follow-up Survey & Results
2) Pre-ordering mobile application
1) Serve Caramel Macchiatos
3) Modify interior
Even more convenient
Satisfy wants and needs
Welcomes to-stay customers
• Patiently waiting
• Long but fast moving/ long but slow moving/ medium length lines but slow moving lines
• More Late 20s and 30s, few 50s to 60s
• Agitated/ Patiently waiting
• Mainly tourists.
• Long but fast moving/ medium length line but
fast moving/ short line but fast move
53RD St & 6th ave
• Agitated/ agitated/patiently and easy going
• A mixture of both sexes, half of which were in office clothing.
• Long line and long waiting/long line with short
waiting/short line with short waiting
• Activities while in line
• People work on laptop or reading
• Pre-order person in the morning
Average number of people queuing
Morning:15 Midday: 13 Evening: 8
Herald Square has the highest statistics
of leaving and sitting down without
Union Square has the fastest service.
Sample size: 50