Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Team Work: Organisation & Management - TCD
Transcript of Team Work: Organisation & Management - TCD
•Buying, ICT, Financial & Retail
•ICT is broken down into 7 teams
Business Systems Team
•Primarily focused on B&M systems
•Replacing Legacy Systems
How My Team Work
•Delegation Case Study 3 - • One of four business units that was acquired by the Attachmate Group two years ago
• Headquartered in Provo, Utah
• 4000 Employees worldwide
• Revenue: $1.2 billion (2010)
• Portfolio includes solutions for the collaboration, data management, and endpoint management markets Case Study 2 - Start ... Use the rule of three. Keep major decisions to three or fewer people. The more people involved the longer it takes to come to a consensus. Small teams coordinate and make decisions, while big ones quibble and form committees. - Lifehacker Penneys - ctnd. Team Work at Novell • My immediate “Team” in Dublin
• Most important Team for me is my Field
Sales Partner and me, we have the same
targets, one depends on the other
• Main cross-department Team is our Sports
and Social Committee organising events and
trips for S&S members Any Questions?
Our team will be happy to answer!
Thank you! Three companies...
Three very different approaches to teams and teamwork
But consider just one more particular scenario... OUR TEAM: Sanja
Blazic Paula Hamlet Shane McCaul Cormac Curtis Bernard Walsh Raphael
Berger TCD - 20 March 2013 - Team 4 Teamwork - what is it? "Teamwork is the ability to work together toward a common vision. The ability to direct individual accomplishments toward organizational objectives. It is the fuel that allows common people to attain uncommon results." --Andrew Carnegie* Task - get the job done
Individual - motivate members
Team - maintain commitment and cohesion Operate in 160 countries
More than 432,000 employees world wide
Revenue TO $111bn
Divisions – Financing – Hardware – Services – Software
Share Price $211 –Targeting $250 by 2015 IBM Overview 1980’s IBM on brink of breaking up
Now IBM has transformed itself to an on-demand business
IBM differentiates itself by combining consultancy hardware and software
Teaming & Collaboration
Integrated end-to-end Internal divisions / External partners / Customers / Suppliers
Growth & Innovation requires team-work
Traditionally IBMers tended to reach up the organisation
On demand structure encourages horizontally integrated
collaboration What is this success attributed to? Collaboration in IBM Some people say there's no 'I' in team ... ...I disagree! He's the project manager, and you can find him... The project manager has an important role in the team, balancing three interlinked requirements... or TIT for short (I didn't write that part - the guy who did is grading us as we speak!) Case Study 1 - Penneys - ctnd. • 257 stores
• 8 Countries
• 50,000 Employees
• Turnover in excess of 4bn Challenges