Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Good Readers...
...know, or set, a purpose for reading.
...choose "just-right" books.
realize when they are no longer paying attention to, or understanding what they read
use "fix-up" strategies to get back on track.
...set aside time to read.
To complete an assignment:
to analyze argument
and many others
Complete a project
reading too many things at a time
unusual word usage
coming of age
*use the 5-finger method to determine challenge level of reading
*read the front and back covers to determine whether it catches your interest.
*get recommendations from your friends
read in the car
waiting for appointments
at your kid brother/sister's practice
while waiting for the bus
at the end of classes (instead of talking)
right when you get home
before you fall asleep
while eating breakfast
during a bath
in a hot tub or pool
on a rainy day
...monitor their comprehension
...are aware of "distractors"
*give the book a 25-page chance
during study hall
and then get themselves back on track!