Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Latitude and Longitude
Transcript of Latitude and Longitude
Finding Locations on Earth
To locate places on Earth, geographers use a system of
that crisscross the globe. These are called
L A T I T U D E
latitude is "
longitude is "
These lines run
divide the earth into
that follows the degree symbol tells you if the location is north or south of the equator.
These lines run from the
They also divide the Earth up into
that follows the degree symbol tells you if the location is East or West of the Prime Meridian
Is the Equator a line of Latitude or a line of Longitude?
Is the Prime Meridian a line of Latitude or a line of Longitude?
What direction do latitude lines go?
What direction do longitude lines go? Where do they begin and end?
Latitude and Longitude lines divide the Earth up into ............................................?
10 S 50 w
61 N 10 E
30 N 30 E
20 N 75 E
40 S 176 E
70 N 40 W
39 N 21 E
40 N 5 E
How can we pinpoint where something is on Earth?
What if it doesn't HAVE an address?
What if it is in the ocean?
How to Remember