Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Chapter 10: Servant Leadership
Transcript of Chapter 10: Servant Leadership
Three key components of the model on servant leadership:
Servant Leader Behaviors
Followers have grown personally and in their performance
Servant Leadership: Defined
1. Stems from one's own want to serve others before theirself
Ten Characteristics of Servant Leaders
-two way street
The Model of Servant Leadership
Originated from the writings of Greenleaf
2. They then have leading qualities
Greenleaf defines as...
So...How do we test this?
Only within the last decade has research been able to step away from prescribing servant leadership to studying it
Prescriptive Past vs. Descriptive Present
Those served have grown or evolved in a positive way from their leaders
9. Commitment to the growth of the people
-personal & professional
10. Building Community
Focus is on perspective of leader*
1. Unique: Altruism is the central component
2. Argues that leaders should not dominate
3. Research proves it does not always work
4. Provided an SLQ which holds effective
1. Paradoxial nature
2. Researchers unable to reach a consensus
3. Conflicts with other principles of leadership
-behavior or cognitive ability
1) Name 3 of the 10 key characteristics of a servant leader
2) What was the name of the researcher where all the studies originated?
3) List the three antecedent conditions listed on the model of servant leadership
4) What is one criticism of servant leadership?
5) What perspective is servant leadership told from?
6) Servant leadership is more prescriptive today than in the past? True or False?
The leader has had an impact on the organization as a whole
Society has felt an impact from the servant leader