Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Communication skills
Types of communication.
The 7Cs . TYPES OF COMMUNICATION References:
http://www.directionservice.org OM AR T EK Mohamed Souka & Act of transferring information from one place to another Communication Progress To get your message across you must understand …. What your message is ?
What audience you are sending to ?
How it will be perceived ?
And Weigh its circumstances ! Message Channel Receiver Feedback As the source of the message, you need to be clear about why you're communicating, and what you want to communicate. The information that you want to communicate. This is the process of transferring the information you want to communicate into a form that can be sent and correctly decoded at the other end. Why is communication ? Getting the right messages across in the right way Step 2 : Audience Step 1 : Objectives How ? Personal Spaces Step 3 : Clarify Speceific
Objective for each audience Verbal Non-Verbal Step 4 :Think Broadly and Creatively Step 6 : Monitor Effectiveness Step 5 : Plan out the
message for each audience Paraverbal Effective Verbal Messages:
1. Are brief, succinct, and organized
2. Are free of jargon
3. Do not create resistance in the listener Facial Expression: Postures and Gestures: 7 Nonverbal Messages:
1. Account for about 55% of what is perceived and understood by others.
2. Are conveyed through our facial expressions as well as our postures and gestures. Cs Clear Concise Correct Complete Courteous Coherent Concrete Behavior Facial expression Gestures Eye contact Touch Listening skills 1. Account for about 38% of what is perceived and understood by others.
2. Include the tone, pitch, and pacing of our voice Book: Communication Matters: An Introduction to Communication
Kory Floyd, Arizona State University - Tempe Art of dealing with others The art of dealing ... the key to people's hearts Scientific studies have proven that if you learned how to deal with others, you may be cut 85% Of the road to success The 15% of success is due to technological training and to the minds and skill in job performance