Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
CFOR 101 (Fa '16) T17 - Kindle the Fire in Corporate Worship
Transcript of CFOR 101 (Fa '16) T17 - Kindle the Fire in Corporate Worship
- how are we strengthened
- be self-consciously preoccupied
Part 3 Belong to His Body (fellowship)
Kindle the Fire in Corporate Worship (ch. 14)
5 Benefits of Corporate Worship
"While the corporate worship of Jesus by the church universal is an essential element in our great destiny, it is the corporate worship of Jesus by the church local that is a vital means of God’s grace in getting us there." (David Mathis)
Why is corporate face-to-face worship the single most important means of grace?
- combines God's word, prayer and fellowship
What is missing in virtual corporate worship compared with the gathering of local congregations?
Corporate Worship - a Means of Grace?
Explain the problem of saying that corporate worship is a means of grace while also saying worship is not a means to anything.
Getting Ready for corporate worship
What is it that you can do in the morning before the corporate worship to be ready for this means of grace?
Imagine a friend has expressed to you his disillusionment with corporate worship. He was beginning to think he didn't really need to be "in church" each weekend. He argued that it would be more beneficial just to listen to sermons online and have friendships with fellow Christians throughout the week. How do you explain to him the importance and the benefits of corporate worship in the Christian life?
1. Awakening (Ps. 73)
2. Assurance (2. Tim. 1:12)
"Corporate worship does not merely inform our Christian walk, but heals us or transforms us in that moment." (Tim Keller)
4. Accepting Another’s Leading
- reminds us that our faith is fundamentally receptive
- coming into the presence of God led the Psalmist to praise
5. Accentuated Joy
- we are not alone in having our souls satisfied in him
joy in God
How can we experience this grace from God in corporate worship?
our focus together is the crucified and risen Christ
focus on the excellencies of his person and work
- the secret of worship is the joy of self-forgetfulness
- seek to forget yourself, seek Jesus together