Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Authenticity
Dr Kieran Broome
He engages students in all learning experiences in a fun, interactive way. He makes learning fun and interesting, and it is easy to stay attentive.
Definition: A pracademic is someone who is both an academic and an active practitioner in their subject area (Wikipedia, 2013).
“Kieran is an outstanding lecturer and tutor whose passion for OT and learning is evident. His enthusiasm engages students and makes for more enjoyable lectures and tutorials. His teaching style is very practical and hands-on which helps to clarify course content.” USC Student – anonymous feedback
“Kieran is a brilliant lecturer and tutor. He is always enthusiastic and willing to go out of his way to help students. Kieran’s lectures are always so informative and knowledgeable. He is an OT I look up to and aspire to be like. Thank you for all your effort.” USC Student – anonymous feedback
Bridging the gap...
... between academia
The power of narrative...
Combined with good use of adult learning principles...
Relevancy through assessment
• Adults are internally motivated and self-directed
• Adults bring life experiences and knowledge to learning experiences
• Adults are goal oriented
• Adults are relevancy oriented
• Adults are practical
• Adult learners like to be respected
Change modes every 5 - 20 minutes (discussion, cases, concepts, exploratory activities, start with what they already know)
Communicating passion & enjoyment of the content...
“I think that the teaching of OT at USC is strengthened by Kieran's energy. I am confident that we are learning cutting edge, contemporary OT in the classes that Kieran facilitates.” USC Student – anonymous feedback
80%+ attendance rates
Reflections on my own educational experiences
Perspectives of graduands
Preparedness for practice
Pracademics, where are you?