Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Higher Thinking Skills Through
Transcript of Higher Thinking Skills Through
of a Constructivist
Teacher create the learning
Teacher give students
the tools and facilities
It is the students themselves who
demonstrate higher thinking skills
and creativity through searching
for information, organizing and
synthesizing ideas, creating
presentations and the like.
1. Resource-Based Projects
2. Simple creations
3. Guided Hypermedia
4. Web-Based Projects
General Flow of Events in
PROCESS is given
The success of students do
not depend entirely on their
high intelligence but it is
more on their creativity. It is
more constant with planning,
making, assembling, designing
Creativity is said to combine
3 kinds of skills/abilities
- distinguishing similarities and differences
- seeing the project as problem to be solved
- making spontaneous connections
among ideas, does generating
interesting /new ideas
- selling of new ideas to allow the public to test the ideas themselves.
5 Key Task to Develop Creativity
Define task – clarify the goal of the completed project of the student.
Brainstorm – students themselves will be allowed to
generate their own ideas on the project.
Judge the ideas – students themselves make an appraisal for and against any idea.
Act – students do their work with the teacher act as facilitator.
Adopt flexibility – students should allowed to shift gears and not follow an action path rigidly.
GUIDED HYPERMEDIA PROJECTS
What is HYPERMEDIA?
Hypermedia combines the concept of
HYPERTEXT and MULTIMEDIA to
allow rich interaction between the
user and material.
Basically same as regular text except
that it contains connection within the
text to other documents.
-- > Media and content that uses a combination of
different content forms.
-- > Comes in many different formats. It can be
almost anything you can hear or see like text,
pictures, music, sound, videos, records, films,
animations and more.
Two approaches in the
production of self-made
- such as in the production by students of a
PowerPoint presentation of a selected topic.
- such as when students do a multimedia presentation (with text, graphs, photos, audio narration, interview, video clips) to simulate the intellectual capacity of the student.
Students as Audience of Hypermedia
* Students interact with hypermedia
environments developed by others.
Reading Articles Online
Observing PowerPoint Presentations
Playing Interactive Adventure Games
“Hypermedia project approach,
in general, is user-centered
therefore applying this to
the educational setting
opportunities of learning.”
Students can be made to create and post WebPages on a given topic. But creating WebPages, even single page WebPages, may be too sophisticated and time
consuming for the average student.
Make the students go beyond thetextbook and curriculum materialsand encouraged them to go to
library, more particularly to
e-library or modern library thathas computers
Prepared by: Mary Irene M. Robles
It should be said, however, that posting of WebPages in the Internet allows the students (now the webpage creator) a wider audience. They can also linked with other related sites in the Internet. But as of now, this creativity project may be to ambitious as a tool in the teaching-learning process.