Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Emily Robinson and Dustin Sherwood
Transcript of Emily Robinson and Dustin Sherwood
"Deer also carry the ticks that transmit Lyme disease to about 13,000 people each year"(Bailey, Ronald).
"Well, despite the frightening antlers and mighty hooves that deer sport, the deaths aren't due to gorgings or stampedes. In fact, they are due to accidents such as vehicle collisions as the creatures skitter out in front of cars"("Forget Alligators, Snakes and Bears-the most Dangerous Animal in all of America is the Humble DEER, with Cows and Horses not far behind.").
The U.S. Department of Transportation estimates that white-tailed deer kill around 130 Americans each year simply by causing car accidents(Bailey, Ronald).
There are about 1.5 million deer/vehicle collisions annually(Bailey, Ronald).
The total amount of money deers have totaled from damaging agriculture, timber and landscaping adds up to more than 1.2 billion dollars a year(Bailey, Ronald).
When deer overpopulate in forests, the eat most of the tree seedlings, destroy forest understory plants and reduce overall species richness(Bailey, Ronald).