Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Earth and Life History
Transcript of Earth and Life History
billion years old Earth and Life History By: Katie Bozorgi Life on Earth Earth Life The Earth Animals The Geologic Process Humans The History of Earth Earth's Timeline Earth Forms 290 million
years ago An extinction that wiped out
95% of the species The First dinosaurs appear 2 million
years ago 4.6 billion years ago 245 million
years ago Modern Humans
appear on Earth When geologists divide geologic time into a series of eons. Each eon is divided into eras. The eras are divided into periods. Then scientists chart their information. * The Earth is approximately 4.6
billion years old Earth has a lot of history: One important part in Earth's history was when its moon formed approximately 4.5 billion years ago. * Life on Earth has existed for more than
3 billion years * The first organism on this planet was the prokaryotes. * The humans evolved from chimpanzees
and apes. * The modern human appeared 2 million years ago in the Quaternary period. * One of the first animals was the therospid, but that was not the first organism. The first organism was the prokaryotes. Dinosaurs Dinosaurs appeared 245 million years ago. They appeared in the Triassic period. They lived on Earth for 165 million years.They became extinct in the end of the Cretaceous period. They believe that a meteor hit the tip of Yucatan Peninsula causing the extinction of dinosaurs. The Moon is approximately 4.5 billion years old, that's 100 million years younger than the Earth. Mammals Mammals appeared in the Tertiary period, 245 million years ago. Life History Life has an extensive background: * The modern human appeared on Earth 2 million
* The Rise of the Mammals 245 million years ago
* When the first prokaryote appeared on Earth
The first water plant was the seaweed. Work Cited The Earth formed 100 million years after the solar system, so that means that the solar system formed 4.7 billion years ago. Bosker, Bianca. "Moon's Age In Question: It May Not Be As Old As Thought, Some Scientists Argue." The
Huffington Post. TheHuffingtonPost.com, 17 Aug. 2011. Web. 17 May 2013 "5 Tips for Baby’s Skin." The Newborn Baby 5 Tips for
Babys Skin Comments. N.p., 17 May 2013. Web. 17 May 2013. "Chimps Endangered by Misperception." Times of
Malta. N.p., n.d. Web. 17 May 2013 "University News Service." Saving Gorillas, Elephants
Starts with Understanding Their Human Neighbors. N.p., n.d. Web. 17 May 2013. "WHITE TIGER BACKGROUND (1920x1200)." 1920x1200
White Tiger Background Wallpaper. N.p., n.d. Web. 17 May 2013 "The White Lion (Genetic Mutation – Albinism
Disorder)." | WorldMatic. N.p., n.d. Web. 17 May 2013. "Earth-Moon Size and Distance." Earth-Moon Size and
Distance. N.p., n.d. Web. 17 May 2013. "Earth over Book That Has Grass on Its Pages in Space."
Shutterstock.com. N.p., n.d. Web. "solar system." Britannica School. Encyclopædia
Britannica, Inc., 2013. Web. 19 May 2013 "The Solar System." - Tour the Solar System on Sea and
Sky. N.p., n.d. Web. 19 May 2013. Geologic Process: Part2 "Texas Bureau of Economic Geology." Www.nps.gov.
N.p., 22 June 2009. Web. "Moon." Wikipedia. Wikimedia Foundation, 17 May
2013. Web. 19 May 2013. "Seaweed Benefits!" Seaweed Pete RSS. N.p., n.d. Web. 19 May 2013 Fun Facts Fun Facts about Earth: Fun Facts about Life: It is believed that some dinosaurs survived extinction and evolved into what we know today as birds Topics:
* The geologic process of the past are similar to those that occur today and have a large cumulative effects over long periods of time.
* The Earth is approximately 4.6 billion years old and life on this planet has existed for more than 3 billion years.
* The geologic time scale is used to explain significant developments and extinctions of a plant and animal life. The first primate appears in the Tertiary Period A Geologic Time Scale is... "geologic time." Britannica School. Encyclopædia Britannica, Inc., 2013. Web. 20 May 2013 Earth's surface is covered by 71 % of ocean. "Earth." Britannica School. Encyclopædia Britannica,
Inc., 2013. Web. 20 May 2013. Most of my information came from the geologic scale worksheet. The average distance from the Earth to the Sun is about 93 million miles. This distance is called One Astronomical Unit (AU). The average distance between the Earth and the Moon is just under 240,000 miles.