Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Steampunk
What Is Steampunk?
"Steampunk" refers to a type of science fiction about alternate pasts (not future prediction), often set in Victorian Britain, but the history of technology has been rewritten. - from Just Glue Some Gears On It and Call it Steampunk
Where Did It Come From?
The term Steampunk seems to be coined from author K. W. Jeter who was trying to come up with a term for the types of novels that Tim Powers, James Blaylock and he himself wrote. These stories took place in the 19th Century and imitated Victorian "speculative" fiction (Like H.G. Wells).
What are some Steampunk Books/Movies?
There are TONS!