Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Beethoven
Symphony no: 5, Minuet for piano in G major, Ruins of Athens, Egmont, and his Concerto for Orchestra and piano no:5
* First compostition - 'Dressler variations' in 1783.
Style of music
* Composed in period of the transition between the Classical and Romantic eras.
* Known for intense use of dynamics.
* A reflection of his sufferings and joys.
* Created music for every kind of audience with an admiration for music.
* Brought up in a family of two-generation musicians
* His grandfather may have influenced him
* Strongly inspired and mesmerised by Mozart
* "Watch this lad. Some day he will force the world to talk about him." - Mozart on Beethoven's performance
* Compositions - reflection of his emotions; composed with adjoined styles of Classical and Romantic music
What made Beethoven become a musician:
* His father 'beat' music into him
* His father emphasized Mozart's compositions
* He acquired a vision for music, despite his father's harsh treatment.
*A composer named Christian Gottlob Neefe, took over Beethoven's training, and after that, his progress was rapid.
How did Beethoven change the music industry?
Beethoven changed the music industry with his unique style.
* Compositions - start of a new era of music.
* Adjoined Classical and Romantic styles of music to create his - the first to break the rules of the Classical era for writing what he wanted whenever he wanted to
* This influenced several other composers who went on to compose other kinds of music.
* He expanded the orchestra - he was the first to have brought in the idea of the triple wind combination
* With this, other composers started to combine singing with music, and
that led to the German Romantic Orchestra which was a massive success.
Ludwig Van Beethoven
- A true musician
Symphony no:9 Molto Vivace
What Beethoven influenced:
* Music in the Romantic era
* Examples: Mahler, Brahms and Schoenberg ,
* Inspired the musicians to make different kinds of music such as jazz, blues, country, hip hop etc.
* Specifically, he influenced popular music and folk music, particularly strong in the Waldstein ballet music of 1790, and early songs and unison choruses.
Today, Beethoven is a respected leader of the Romantic era, and is an inpiration for musicians all around the world. His music has influenced, and been the base idea for many modern styles music.
1770 - 1827
Composed some of the greatest music of all time
Famous artists he influenced
Famous composers he influenced
Christian Gottlob Neefe
* Dramatism and expression through dynamics was one of Beethoven's greatest significances
- Examples of inspired music - Theme songs: Indiana Jones, NHL, and Star Wars
* The Beatles'music was greatly influenced by Beethoven - E.g.; A Day in the Life - had a very Beethovenian concept of asking a question, and wanting the listener to answer it
* He is a figurehead of music. He is referenced to, and remains one of the greatest composers of all time. He changed the music industry by creating new kinds and styles of music, inpiring others to create more styles, which brought us the vast variety of styles we have today.
The German Orchestra
* Nine symphonies
* Five concertos for piano
* 32 piano sonatas
* 16 string quartets.
* Famous work included: