Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Kool Kups
Put drink in both cups.
Read temperature every three minutes.
Record temperature in table on p. 96.
Place the cups on the paper towel.
Attach the thermometers to the outsides of the cups with the rubber bands.
Read temperature and record on p. 96.
Do you notice anything forming on the outside of either cup?
What does it look like?
Is there any difference between the way the cups feel?
Does either of the cups feel wet?
The molecules do not change - they only are farther apart or closer together.
Place your hand near the cups. What do you notice about the air around the cups?
Discuss the three states of matter and label.
Key Question and Learning Goals
Fill in the answers to the questions on p. 96.
Wipe the outside of the cup that does not have ice with the paper towel. What do you observe?
Wipe the outside of the cup with ice with the paper towel. What do you observe? Is the wet spot the same color as the flavored drink?
How does this help us see that the water did not come from the cup?