Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Careers of Rizal
Transcript of Careers of Rizal
Practice of Opthalmology
Rizal practiced ophthalmology, mainly in Calamba. (August 1887-February 1888)
Hongkong (November 1891-June1892)
While in exile in the town of Dapitan (July 1892-July 1896)
In Calamba in 1887, Rizal finally began to fulfill his lifelong dream of caring for his mother's eyesight.
In Hongkong in 1892, he successfully removed the cataract from his mother's left eye.
Rizal as a medical doctor
Jose Rizal chose to be a doctor because he wanted to treat his mother’s eyes that has cataracts.
Teodora Alonzo Y Realonda
Rizal chose to specialize in ophthalmology and worked in the eye clinic of Dr. Louis De Wecker, a famous french opthalmologist
He introduced ophthalmoscopy into France and advanced ocular surgery. He modified cataract and strabismus surgery, devised a new method of enuclation, advocated sclerotomy for the treatment of glaucoma, and was the first to use the term "filtration".
He worked for Dr. De Wecker from November 1885 to February 1886.
In February 1886, Rizal moved to Heidelberg,
He worked in Augenklink (Eye Clinic) of Otto Becker.
Rizal spent the next six months working as Becker's assistant.
Rizal really only had 2 patients:
1. His mother
2. His country
Rizal as a scholar
Rizal acted as a character in one of Juan Luna’s paintings and acted in school dramas.
Ambassador Of Good Will
His friendliness, goodwill and cultural associations with friends entitled him as one.
Rizal always practiced self-discipline wherever he went.
He had a big library and brought many books abroad.
- His favorite pastime in Madrid.
Rizal taught in his special school in Dapitan.
Father of community school
He proposed college in Hong Kong and his special school in Dapitan made him a father of community schools.
His annotation of Antonio de Morga’s Sucesos de las Islas Filipinas entitled him as one.
He authored the published many articles in Spanish and English and London.
He spoke over 44 languages including:
Tagalog, Ilokano, Bisayan, Subanon, Spanish, Latin, Greek, English, French, German, Arabic, Malay, Hebrew, Sanskrit, Dutch, Catalan, Italian, Chinese, Japanese, Portugese, Swedish, and Russian.
He wrote and published articles in many publications and was one of the organizers of the La Solidaridad.
Rizal wrote over 35 poems including his famous Ultimo Adios.
Rizal spoke and wrote in 20 languages.
Rizal as scientist
In 1892, Jose Rizal was imprisoned at Fort Bonifacio. He immersed himself to the following studies of nature.
- Rizal maintained a garden in Dapitan where he planted and experimented on plants of all kinds.
- Rizal’s collection of shells was so expensive and was said to be the most expensive collection in the Philippines at that time. The collection was over 340 shells representing more than 200 species.
• • Rizal was also an archaeologist. He acquired his knowledge of archaeology from his reading of books on history and archaeology. During his exile in Dapitan, Rizal explored the caves, inlets and mountains near the town. He made his greatest archaeological discovery in Lumanao Hill.
On the summit and slope of this hill, he excavated several relics of the past. Among these relics were the ancient Chinese porcelain dating back to the "Sung Dynasty", specimens of jewelry and an old bronze Catholic medal.
Rizal studied these archaeological findings and proved that Lumanao Hill was an old burial place of the first Chinese Christian settlers in Mindanao. He made a sketch of the hill showing the excavation sites
- A small lizard with famous kind of flying dragon.
- This lizard can only be seen in tropical islands like Philippines.
A kind of small beetle found in the Philippines.
A kind of rare frog.