Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The Pedagogical Cycle
Transcript of The Pedagogical Cycle
Why do teachers use the Pedagogical Cycle?
1. It sets the stage for instruction.
2. Questions are very effective for critical thinking.
3. Group Alerting compliments the pedagogical cycle.
The steps to the Pedagogical Cycle are:
The teacher will then ask a question regarding their "structure" statement.
"Why is the introduction paragraph important?"
The teacher provides information, direction, and introduces the topic.
"The basic essay has an introduction, 3 body paragraphs, and a conclusion."
The student answers the question or tries to.
"The introduction paragraph is important because it hooks the reader in and gives a preview of what will be discussed in the essay."
The teacher reacts to the student's answer and provides feedback.
"That is correct! The introduction is like a preview to your essay."
"To question well is to teach well. In the skillful use of the question more than anything else lies the fine art of teaching; for in it we have the guide to clear and vivid ideas, and the quick spur to imagination , the stimulus to thought, the incentive to action."