Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Techniques Used in Conveying the Messages about Social Issue
Transcript of Techniques Used in Conveying the Messages about Social Issue
Painting are important sources of historical and cultural information. Paintings depict life as it was the time the artist lived.
What technique is employed by artist to extend their ideas and feelings to the viewers?
Artist from all parts of the globe have their duties and portray life honestly and to campaign for social reforms.
Through their artworks, they can communicate significant human experiences.
They can send messages about the struggle between the good and the evil, the destructive effects of greed on human relationships.
They can relay messages about social issues.
The artist use:
Gloomy or Bold colors
Jagged brushstrokes and rough movements to express their emotions.
Techniques Used in Conveying the Messages about Social Issues
In Wyeth's painting, "Christina's World," he emphasized desolation and a sense of melancholy by showing a vast of space between the young girl and the houses. Wyeth conveyed message of solitude.
The artist's works of art reveal his/her culture. The artist's beliefs, opinions and culture influence what he/she paints and how it is painted.
They also use distorted and exaggerated forms and shapes to emphasize the ideas they want to relate.
Influence of Social Trends on One's Emotion
Many painters use art to show their protest from the injustice they see in the society where they belong.
"Barricade" by Jose Clemente Orozco
They relate the starving, suffering masses protesting their oppression by those in power.
Viewers of artworks relaying messages about social issues are affected emotionally. The emotional reactions of people to these artworks often lead to their protest against social issues that affect the people negatively.
Bring a drawing materials and coloring materials
1. What is the title of the painting of Jose Clemente Orozco?
2. Who painted Christina's World?
3. What kind of disorder christina has?
4 - 7. What technique is employed by artist to extend their ideas and feelings to the viewers?
8. Painting are important sources of historical and cultural information. (
9. Through their artworks, they cannot communicate significant human experiences.(true or
10. The emotional reactions of people to those artworks may often lead
to their protest against social issues that affect the people negatively. (true or