Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Deaf Culture: ASL Facts
Transcript of Deaf Culture: ASL Facts
ASL is considered a foreign language in America.
At the age of 6 - 8 months, babies can learn to communicate using sign language, just at the age of normal hearing babies can learn their talking communication skills.
Every language has ts own sign language. There are over 500,000 types of sign language throughout the world.
Lip-reading is NOT and effective way to communicate with deaf people. Many English words look alike when spoken and not heard.
Nine out of every ten deaf children are born to hearing parents, or are born into a hearing family.