Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
How to read Guitar Tablature
Transcript of How to read Guitar Tablature
The bottom line being the lowest string. Numbers and symbols are placed on these lines to indicate what fret or frets to play, and how. They are always played from left to right... and numbers stacked on top are played simultaneously, as a chord. ("0" represents an open string) These numbers are sometimes accompanied by symbols. These indicate techniques to be used when playing. Some of the most common are: ~ - sustain
h - hammer-on
p - pull-off
X - muted string
. - palm mute
/ - slide up
\ - slide down * - pinch harmonic
<_> - natural harmonic b/^ - bend
r - release bend
t - tap
tr - tremelo pick
v - vibrato
So, by using tablature, you can save time and confusion when playing guitar. You can find tabs on Ultimate-Guitar.com, which is a community of players who translate and post songs.