Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of The Beatles
The Beatles influenced
music and popular
culture. Bibliography Information Videos & Graphics John Lennon:
Rhythm guitar & keyboards Paul McCartney:
Bass guitar & keyboards George Harrison:
Lead guitar & sitar Ringo Starr:
Drums & percussion - Originally formed in 1957 by John Lennon, called the "Quarrymen" - 1964: Capitol Records signed The Beatles to a US record deal - Paul McCartney joined in late 1957, after watching Lennon's band perform at a church - Ringo Starr replaced The Beatles' drummer in 1962 The Beatles by Cleverina Cong
& Preeti Kaur History & Formation History & Formation History & Formation History & Formation Early Years - 1961: Signed Brian Epstein as their manager - 1962: Obtained their record contract from EMI Music - 1962: Recorded first single - "Love Me Do" (#1 hit in America) - 1963: Released first album - "Please Please Me" - 1963: Second album "With The Beatles" sold over 1 million copies - George Harrison joined in 1958, invited by McCartney - Term "Beatlemania" spread rapidly after The Beatles went on The Ed Sullivan Show in 1964 on their first American tour. - Led to intense media interest, international fame/popularity, & frequent #1 hits for The Beatles Influence on Music - Popularized Rock & Roll music in the U.S. & inspired British rock/pop acts - Wrote their own songs "We were always pushing ahead: Louder, further, longer, more, different."
- The Beatles - First to use recording studios as writing tools - Incorporated various genres of music in their songs, including Indian, folk, pop, and classical - Created their own record label, Apple Records - Experimented with different harmonies, song forms, production techniques, & instruments Influence on Pop Culture - Introduced the mop-top haircut & Beatle boots (men's high-heeled shoes) - Popularized black suits, bright colors, and Indian-influenced fashion - Countless appearances & references on popular TV shows, including The Simpsons & Adventure Time Members: - Made complex song arrangements using multi-tracking (method of sound recording that combines multiple sounds) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Beatles
http://classicrock.about.com/od/beatles/a/beatles_history_3.htm Bibliography (cont.) http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_UVpYt0cRXCQ/TQNFGvMAqUI/AAAAAAAAAIQ/_Kks2tIyJjw/s1600/89_The_Beatles.jpg