Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Elements of Music
Transcript of Elements of Music
Choose a song from any genre, culture or time period. Listen to it and analyze the 8 elements of music. You must bring an audio version to class on your presentation date as well as prepare a creative way to relate what you have heard to your classmates.
You MUST include:
Timbre Rhythm Melody
Texture Harmony Dynamics
Performing sections to prove your ideas.
Using graphics or notation.
INteractive Listening Assignment
Quality of Sound
What are the words (if there are any)?
How are the lyrics connected to the music? (ex.Angry text=loud, aggressive technique, raspy "shouting" timbre, etc.
Markings (p, f, etc.)
How does it change?
How are the dynamics created? (Adding instruments, different technique? etc.)
Thick or thin
How many moving parts are there?
Monophonic, Homophonic, Polyphonic
Use an image
Use letters (ABA)
Use words (a paragraph)
Repetition and variety
Contrast and Similarity
Tonality (Major/Minor etc.)
Style (Swing, Straight, Samba, etc)
Write a sample