Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Medical Cannabis
The Serious Reality
•CBS News Study: Marijuana extract may help children with epilepsy.
The Serious Reality
•Huffington Post article introduces the children who rely on medicinal cannabis.
What is Marijuana?
Dried flowers from the cannabis plant and concentrated in small plant hairs called trichomes.
It contains the mind altering chemical THC.
It is the most commonly used illicit drug in the U.S., commonly used among young people.
Hemp is cannabis grown from fibers and marijuana is cannabis grown for its trichomes.
- The Negative -
Long Term Effects
When teenagers begin using marijuana, the drug alters thinking, memory, and learning functions. It also affects how the brain builds connections between the areas necessary for these functions.
Marijuana smoke irritates the lungs and frequent users can have the same breathing problems tobacco smokers have.
Marijuana raises the heart rate for up to three hours after smoking. This effect MAY increase the chances of having a heart attack (the elderly are more at risk).
Using marijuana during pregnancy is linked to an increase of brain and behavioral problems in babies. If the mother uses marijuana, the drug may affect developing parts in the fetus’s brain.
With a massively booming cannabis industry and so much controversy lately, how should the topic be seriously handled?
Long Term marijuana smokers have been linked to the following mental illnesses:
Suicidal thoughts (among teens)
Forbes Industrial Hemp Article
Read and annotate the Forbes Article and highlight the main arguments towards using hemp as an alternative. Annotate any questions or comments you have for the philosophical chairs.
Flavonoids and Terpenes
Read the Article From My Chronic Relief
Will Cannabis be a paradigm shift in medicine and agroeconomics? Does the benefits outweigh the massive start up costs and cultural and legal hurdles it still has to jump? Who will be the proponents and opponents to legalization, decriminalization, and/or deregulation?
1. If you’re a proponent of legalization of medicinal cannabis, you will occupy the left portion of the room. If you’re an opponent of it, you will occupy the right portion of the room.
2. If you’re undecided you will go to the team of the least represented.
3. If you’d like to speak, raise your hand to receive the speaking object.
4. Please respect the speaking object.
Did you know?
No one has ever died from a cannabis overdose. A cannabis smoker would have to consume 20,000 to 40,000 times the amount of THC in a joint to be in risk of dying. This means a person must consume 1,500 pounds of marijuana within 15 minutes. However, you would pass out before even getting close to a lethal dose.