Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Stories from other cultures
Transcript of Stories from other cultures
by Charlie Fish
Where do you think this story was set?
How do you know?
Has the author described the main character?
What language has he used?
LO: I can recognise stories from other cultures
Piraha tribe - Brazil
Children of the Pirah tribe
Culture and traditions
Culture is the identity or way of life of a group of people
Where do you think these photographs were taken?
How do you know?
1. Underline key words / phrases in the text that inform you of the
of the story.
2. Underline key words / phrases in the text that inform you of the
Write your own setting for the story 'The Catch'
Remember to write about
where the story takes place
and about the
LO: To write the setting for a story in another culture
Have you described the setting of the story in another culture?
What descriptive language have you used to provide imagery for the reader?
Did you have time to describe the character?
Does the audience know that your story is written in another culture?
LO: I can write a diary entry in role as a character from a story (from another culture)
Write the date and LO in your books
LO: I an write a diary entry in role as a character from a story (from another culture)
Edit your plan to include as much information as possible
Begin writing your diary entry