Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Quality Improvement
Skills and Knowledge You Can Gain
Practical experience employing the model for improvement in a primary healthcare setting
Mentoring from BCHC staff who have in depth quality improvement knowledge regarding utilization of the model for improvement and LEAN methodology.
Learn about the CHC model and inter-professional primary care teams
Resource to other primary care organizations in implementing quality improvement to improve access and efficiency
Staff QI Training
40 Finchgate Blvd. Suite 224
Brampton, ON L6T 3J1
- Staff attend IHI’s conferences annually
- 4 staff received training at IHI’s Breakthrough Series College
- Staff attend U of T IHI’s annual conference
- Advanced Access training
- PDSA training for all staff
4 day Kaizen to improve adult preventative care examination
QIIP Learning collaborative
Health Quality Ontario IDEAS project to develop communication tools for clients
Value stream mapping process to improve our intake process for new clients
QI project to improve diabetes care
QI project to improve cancer screening rate
- We have hired several nurse practitioners who had internships at our centre
- Regularly accept students from a variety of disciplines from many universities including Ryerson, York and University of Toronto
Connect with us!
Choose us for your IHI internship!
We want YOU!
• Shared medical appointments
• Same day appointments
• Monthly team clinical team meetings to review best practice guidelines
• Created Same Day Access Best Practice Toolkit
• Resource to other organizations in implementing QI
• Annual chart audits
• Organizational Quality Improvement plan
• Organizational QI committee
Several staff have received LEAN QI training:
Karla and Sarah
Primary Health Care Services at Bramalea CHC