Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Argumentative Claims
Correct: High school students should be allowed to use cell phones between classes. Claims should be Controversial Incorrect: The federal government should legalize murder.
Correct: The federal government should endorse a religion. Incorrect: Global warming should be stopped
Correct: World governments should collaborate to reduce global warming by advocating the use of alternative energies such as solar power
- Express Opinions (not facts)
- Be controversial
- Be Clear and Specific
- Be Arguable Claims Should be Arguable Incorrect: I like to watch reality television
Correct: Television producers should increase the amount of reality television they program. Claims should have at least 2 sides: Pro's and Con's The Word "Should" should appear in your sentence to make sure you are expressing an opinion. Make sure your claim would be argued by rational and sane people - In other words, your claim shouldn't have an obvious Pro or Con that everyone agrees with. There should be at least 2 sides to the argument. Make sure you claim is not too broad or vague.
Your Assignment: Revisit your position statements and make sure they fit withing the criteria for an effective claim.