Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Argumentative Claims
Correct: High school students should be allowed to use cell phones between classes. Claims should be Controversial Incorrect: The federal government should legalize murder.
Correct: The federal government should endorse a religion. Incorrect: Global warming should be stopped
Correct: World governments should collaborate to reduce global warming by advocating the use of alternative energies such as solar power
- Express Opinions (not facts)
- Be controversial
- Be Clear and Specific
- Be Arguable Claims Should be Arguable Incorrect: I like to watch reality television
Correct: Television producers should increase the amount of reality television they program. Claims should have at least 2 sides: Pro's and Con's The Word "Should" should appear in your sentence to make sure you are expressing an opinion. Make sure your claim would be argued by rational and sane people - In other words, your claim shouldn't have an obvious Pro or Con that everyone agrees with. There should be at least 2 sides to the argument. Make sure you claim is not too broad or vague.
Your Assignment: Revisit your position statements and make sure they fit withing the criteria for an effective claim.