Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
"BLACK OR WHITE" Michael Jackson song analysis
Transcript of "BLACK OR WHITE" Michael Jackson song analysis
-Psychology looks at Culture/Race as the study of how psychological and behavioral tendencies are rooted in culture. The main theory of cultural psychology is that mind and culture are always together and equally constitutive, which means that people are shaped by their culture and their culture is also shaped by them.
-Cultural Psychology is connected to Michael’s song because people are shaped by their culture which means that it is in their culture to either accept other races and cultures or deny them (Racism).
Sociology and Culture/Race
- Sociology looks at Culture/Race as a very diverse systematic study of human social life, groups and societies. The sociology of culture concerns culture which is usually understood as the ensemble of symbolic codes used by a society, as it is displayed in the society.
- Cultural Sociology connects to Michael’s song because he sings about the micro level of racism, and how all of the diverse cultures, groups and societies should come together as one and not be discriminating against each other or shunning each other.
- My personal thoughts and opinion on racism and culture/race is that it is very important that it should be discussed. Racism to me is something that is completely wrong, just like this song implies, why should anyone be treated differently weather they are black or white, or from a different culture, race or ethnic background.
- This topic is important because if no one pays attention to it, and does not try to stop it, then it truly never will be stopped. I believe that a world where everyone is treated equally, is a world that everyone deserves to live in.
MEANING BEHIND THE SONG
- The meaning of Michael Jackson's song "Black or White" is that it should not matter what colour your skin is or what your culture, ethnicity or race is, we are all technically the same. The world should be about equality and not about judging people by the colour of their skin.
ANTHROPOLOGY AND CULTURE/RACE
-Anthropology looks at Culture/Race as everything that is learned and shared by members of a social group. Everyone or every group develops their own culture through their ability to learn, their ability to communicate and their ability to shape the environment.
-Cultural anthropology is connected to the song “Black or White” by Michael Jackson because in this song he sings about how every different cultures and races should join together to form equality.
- Michael Jackson was an American singer-songwriter, actor, musician, and dancer. he is known as the King of Pop, his contributions to music, dance, and fashion, made him a global figure in popular culture for over four decades.
- The inspiration behind the song "Black or White" was Michael himself. This is because Michael was once black, but had a skin disease and underwent surgery which turned him completely into a white man. This also helps show that it doesn't matter what colour skin you are, because Michael was once black and was still the same man when he was white.
McDowell, A. (March 20th 2014). Anthropology: What is Culture? Class notes. Brampton, ON
McDowell, A. (April 11th 2014). What is psychology? Class notes. Brampton, ON
McDowell, A. (May 29th 2014). What is Sociology? Class notes. Brampton, ON
Wikipedia (March 24th 2014). Sociology of culture. Retrieved from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sociology_of_culture
Wikipedia (May 17th 2014). Cultural psychology. Retrieved from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_psychology
Wikipedia (June 8th 2014). Michael Jackson. Retrieved from